The Class Cava Cup 2016 results are in.
10 top barmen and women from some of the best bars around competed against each other at The Grovenor’s Red Bar at the beginning of the month to win the title for making the best Cava cocktail.
The winner, Vitalij Gutovskij from the Lobby Bar a Number 1 Aldwych, shone through with his fresh, aromatic Cava cocktail “5 Element” which impressed the judges because of it’s integration of flavours and balance.
Chair of the judges and President of the CRDO del Cava, Pere Bonet, congratualted the winner and finalists saying that their “art is like that of a magician, blending and inventing flavour combinations like druide’s to créate the most delicious cocktails and giving a whole new dimension Cava.”
The other runners up were Emily Jade from London Fields Brewery with her delicious Crema Catalana and Giacomo Guanera from The Churchill Bar with his Cuban inspired, smokey cocktail called Club Amigo.
The winner will win a three night trip to Barcelona and the Cava region, hosted by the CRDO del Cava.
The cocktails in the Class Cava Cup 2016 were:
- Bata Vulgaris by Lukas Alberti at 366/Battersea, London
- Crema Catalana by Jade Emily at Taproom London, Fields Brewery
- Spanish Kiss by Romas Azbainis at Camino Kings Cross
- 5 Element by Vitalij Gutovskij at Lobby Bar, One Aldwych, London
- The Green Cave by Les Fry at Voodoo Cafe
- Winter Rose by Jaime Villegas at Gillrays
- Seville Spritz by Gabriel Batista at Camino Bankside
- Club Amigo by Giacomo Guarnera at The Churchill Bar, Hyatt Regency, London
- Buckleys Revenge by James Randall at Strange Hill